- Tony West, Uber’s chief legal office, is reportedly in play for the role of Attorney General in the Biden administration, according to Insider.
- If appointed, he’d be the highest-profile Silicon Valley exec to play a key role in national politics.
- West served in the Justice Department during both the Clinton and Obama administrations before leaving government to work at PepsiCo.
- He joined Uber in 2017 to help clean up several legal issues at the company following a string of scandals.
- West has been married to Maya Harris, Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’ younger sister and former campaign chairwoman, since 1998.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
During his nearly 30-year career, Tony West has deftly navigated the halls of government, big business, and Silicon Valley.
As Uber’s chief legal office, West, 55, has spent the…