Home Politics AG Barr rebukes Trump while DOJ investigates CIA’s 2016 election probe
- Attorney General William Barr, in an interview that aired Thursday, publicly rebuked President Donald Trump, saying that his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”
- Barr also maintained his impartiality and stressed that Trump has “never” asked him “to do anything in a criminal case.”
- On the same day as the interview, The New York Times published an article about the Justice Department’s probe into intelligence agencies over the probe into Russia’s 2016 election interference.
- The report claims that US District Attorney John Durham, who was appointed by Barr to look into the origins of the Russia probe, appeared to be pursuing a theory that the CIA was hiding information from other intelligence agencies.
- Former CIA Director John Brennan appeared on MSNBC’s “Hardball” on Thursday and dismissed Durham’s investigation as “kind of silly,” but said it adds fuel to criticism that Trump is…