Trump team floats Mar-a-Lago instead of Beijing for next Xi summit as March 1 deadline looms for hiking tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese imports
- President Trump’s team is suggesting a meeting at Mar-a-Lago
- The sit down with Chinese President Xi Jingping would be in mid-March as negotiators work to meet a March 1 deadline to end the U.S.-Chinese trade war
- Other locations are in the mix, including Beijing
- Meanwhile, U.S. officials are in Beijing for more trade talks as the deadline looms
- Trump has hosted Xi at his Florida home before, in April 2017
Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
President Donald Trump‘s team is floating the idea of hosting Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago next month to hold a summit to try and end the U.S.-China trade war.