- Taylor Swift received just one nomination for the 61st annual Grammy Awards, which will take place on Sunday, February 10.
- Given that Swift has traditionally been a Grammys darling, this shocked many critics and outraged fans.
- But we can’t truly call the underwhelming number of nominations a “snub” when the album was the most underwhelming of her career.
- “Reputation” isn’t even the best in the one category it was nominated (best pop vocal album).
- If anything, the 2018 single “Delicate” deserved a nod for song of the year.
Throughout her career, Taylor Swift has been the definition of a Grammys darling: She became the youngest artist ever to win album of the year with “Fearless,” and later became the first woman ever to win the award twice with “1989.”
But this time around, the riskiest album of her career, “Reputation,”…